Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday Theme Song - 26 Miles

26 Miles
Artist(Band): The Four Preps

Twenty- six miles across the sea
Santa Catalina is a-waitin' for me
Santa Catalina, the island of romance, romance, romance,romance

Water all around it everywhere

Tropical trees and the salty air

But for me the thing that's a-waitin' there-romance

Forty kilometers in a leaky old boat
Any old thing that'll stay afloat

When we arrive we'll all promote romance, romance, romance,romance

Twenty- six miles across the sea
Santa Catalina is a-waitin' for me
Santa Catalina, the island of romance, romance, romance,romance




More interpretations of Thursday Theme Song at

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh boy, oh boy.....I'm jiving to the rhythm....great song. The oldies but goodies...ahhhhhhh. Beautiful.

Jenn said...

Lovely song! I love it! =)

My Mind's Eye said...

I'm swaying and singing....those were the good times, life was simple and the music was easy to identify with.
Thanks for the memories,
Madi and Mom

SquirrelQueen said...

Singing along and enjoying the tropical scenes. I would love to be walking on that beach right now, it's a little chilly here today.

Thanks for the great post.

Junneth said...

What a lovely post though it sound unfamiliar to me!

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, funny, I saw the Four Preps doing Big Man on a Public TV re-run just a few days ago.
I loved the Santa Catalina song, the island of romance, romance, romance, romance.
My favorite line was always "40 kilometers in a leaky old boat" at a time when I had no clue what a kilometer might be.Now I drive 80kmh through the city, 50kmh in town, 30kmh in a school zone, but 120kmh on the Trans Canada Highway (roughly 75mph).
But I can remember driving an American rental car 100mph in Baja, pretending I didn't know the speed limit was 100kmh (62mph). Oh, the good old days. The Santa Catalina song would have been perfect for that drive in 1974, because I was two years too early for "Hotel California" which my young brother and I deemed perfect for driving down the Baja.
Yes, the good old days.
And now, next month I'll be a Beatle song. How did this happen?
How did this happen, Doug? Some old Canadian lady just hijacked your blog. Sorry 'bout that.
--Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel