Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday Theme Song - Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?
Artist: The Kingston Trio with Mary Travers

Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing. Where have all the flowers gone? Long time ago.

Where have all the flowers gone? Young girls picked them, ev'ry one. When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?

Where have all the young men gone? Gone to soldiers ev'ry one. When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?

Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone to graveyards, ev'ry one. When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?




More interpretations of Thursday Theme Song at

9 comments:

fredamans said...

I have this playing in my head now, and automatically think of Remembrance Day.

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful, Mary singing with the Kingston Trio. Made me think of the 60s. Loved her story of the six people in the audience, three of them being the trio. LOL.

Thank you so much for posting this.

Kay, Alberta

Junneth said...

Wonderful song.

SquirrelQueen said...

This is a beautiful song, it brings back a lot of memories.

Anonymous said...

How cool this is. I haven't heard this in so long and it's a good one. And your photos my friend...AWESOME. Excellent work my friend. Have a great Thursday :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

You really took me back to when I was 15.

Some boys in the class had joined the Boys brigade, and they leanr this song. We girls simply loved it.

The other boys mumbled at the back, The girls picked them.

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful rendition of photos with the lyrics. The statue of the soldiers just blew me away!!

My Mind's Eye said...

Great Choice!!!
Today's Thursday Themes have been a walk down memory lane for Mom!!
Madi and Mom

Anonymous said...

It is an awesome song and photos. Thanks for sharing :) I just posted my first entry of this meme too. Please feel free to visit when you get a chance. God bless :)