Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday Theme Song - Get Off Of My Cloud

Get Off Of My Cloud
Lyrics: Mick Jagger & Keith Richards

I live in an apartment on the ninety-ninth floor of my block


And I sit at home looking out the window




Imagining the world has stopped


Then in flies a guy who's all dressed up like a Union Jack


And says, I've won five pounds if I have his kind of detergent pack

I said, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud


Hey! You! Get off of my cloud




Hey! You! Get off of my cloud



Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd

On my cloud, baby





Footnote: Recorded: September 6 & 7, 1965. Released on December's Children (US) in '65.


Lead Vocal: Mick Jagger Lead, Electric Guitar: Brian Jones, Rhythm Electric Guitar:Keith Richards, Bass: Bill Wyman,  Drums: Charlie Watts, Background Vocal: Keith Richards

More interpretations of Thursday Theme Song at

2 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Don't know this song, but when his wife comes on TV, I wish I have her legs and hair. LOL

Kay L. Davies said...

I remember this song from awayyyyyy back! I like your cloud photos, too, Doug.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel