Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thursday Theme Song - Reelin' & Rockin'

Reelin' & Rockin'
Lyrics: Chuck Berry

Some-times I will, then again I think I won't.
Some-times I will, then again I think I won't.
Some- times I do, then again I think I don't.

Well, I looked at my watch it was nine twenty one


'twas at a rock 'n' roll dance havin' nothin' but fun.
We were rollin' reelin' and a- rockin'.
We were reelin' and a- rockin' and rollin' till the break of dawn

Well, I looked at my watch, it was nine thirty-two,


There's nothin' I'd rather do than dance with you.
We were rollin', reelin' and a-rockin'...

Well, I looked at my watch, it was nine forty-three,


And every time I'd spin, she'd spin with me.
We were reelin', reelin' and a-rockin', ...)

Well, I looked at my watch, it was nine fifty-four,


I said, "Dance ballerina girl, go, go, go! "
We were rollin, reelin' and a-rockin' ...

Well, I looked at my watch, it was ten o-five,


Man, I didn't know whether I was dead or alive!
But I was rollin', reelin' and a-rockin'....

Well, I looked at my watch, it was ten twenty-six,


But I'm a keep on dancin' till I got my kicks!
We were reelin', reelin' and a- rockin'.....

Well, I looked at my watch, it was ten twenty-eight,


I gotta get my kicks before it gets too late!
We were reelin', reelin' and a- rockin' ....

Well, I looked at my watch, it was ten twenty-nine,


I had to hold her hand, she was still holdin' mine!
We were reelin', reelin' and a-rockin'. ....

Well, I looked at my watch, and to my surprise,
I was dancin' with a woman who was twice my size!
We were reelin', reelin' and a-rockin'. .....

Well, I looked at my watch, and it was time to go,
The band leader said, "We ain't playin' no mo' ! "
We were reelin', reelin', and a-rockin'....

Chuck’s raunchy take on his classic:


Chuck doing what he does best:


Footnote: Chuck’s performance schedule would kill a 30-year-old.

More interpretations of Thursday Theme Song at

4 comments:

fredamans said...

Funny you chose this song, when my hubby was playing it along with his guitar earlier and it's been stuck in my head all day... LOL

Kay L. Davies said...

Fun songs from the days when I was very young!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

won't you like to dance round the watch?

Hootin Anni said...

I have always enjoyed listening to, and watching, Chuck Berry!!!! This was a super treat. AND...the fact that you've included the photos is just fantastic. Great Job!!

Sunrise Sunset is my ThemeSong this week. Have a good 'un!!